To read the content of each post, log onto our private blog at: http://hakeshome.blogspot.com

Friday, February 22, 2008

Dallin's B-Day








Here are a few pictures from Dallin's 1st Birthday. From all of David's b-day pictures growing-up, his mom always made their cake into the age he was turning. So I decided that it would be a fun tradition to start with our family. So, when Dallin grows up and looks at he pictures he will always know how old he was. Well, frosting this cake was harder than I thought! The frosting kept crumbling off on the sides. I really need to learn how to make fondant before next January. So if you have a recipe I'm going to need it (hint Mary Sloan).
Because we gave Dallin more animals and cars for his train I decided to make the number one into a giraffe. (FYI: The Amazing Animal Choo Choo Train is the best toy ever!)

5 comments:

Joe and Mary said...

I'm so impressed!!! That cake looks amazing. About the frosting...I'll e-mail you. I saw David's george washingon pic on the wall. was he suprised?

Liz  said...

Elise, how are you??? Happy Birthday to Dallin! I can't believe you made that cake, you are amazing! I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch! When the weather gets warm I would love to come on walks up the hill with you that would be fun! Oh and tell Marcia that she needs to get a blog!

rachel said...

That cake is awsome! I wated to get that choo choo for kate last christmas but couldnt find it. I'm glad you like it maybe i will get it for taft now. anyway happy (late) birthday to dallin!

Michelle said...

Elise you did such a good job. I have been inspired to get better at making my own cakes. We used to have the train, but my boys thought it would be fun to ride in the train and of course they broke it.

The Riries said...

I am still so impressed with your cake skills! I have been wanting to experiment with fondant, we should have a cake party! I wish I could have been to Dallin's party as planned, instead of being stuck waiting at the airport!