To read the content of each post, log onto our private blog at: http://hakeshome.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do you have all your organs?

I am having gallbladder surgery this Friday. I have numerous gallstone which were developed during my pregnancy with Tanner. Hormone change can make bile (your gallbladder stores this) that is more likely to form stones. I first thought the pain was really bad heartburn until I had a gallbladder attach (it's worse than labor). I had a sonogram done three weeks ago to confirm I have many gravel sized stones. Once you have stones you will always have stones. The only way to avoid any more attracks is to have my gallbladder removed. So my question for everyone is: Do you have all your organs?

4 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have all of my organs, and frankly I would like to keep it that way. Unless of course, I could loose weight by getting some removed, but I doubt they weigh that much. Brock said that gallstones look like opals, not pearls.

Szilvia Kovacs-Kerbs said...

Elise, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope all will be okay though once they remove it. We can kind of feel with you because Joe had to have his appendix removed last month too! Are they going to do it laparoscopically (spelling?)?

Michelle said...

I had my appendix removed when I was 5.

Katie said...

Man, that stinks. Kathryn told me about your whole situation at church 2 sundays ago. How lame. I do have all my organs, but I'm wondering how long I will keep all of them. :)