
My sister, Cami made this when I visited her in CA. It is great and EASY chicken pot pie recipe. I tried to make it more exciting by using a cookie cutter to cut-out a bunny instead of just boring slits. Dallin thought it was great and had to have the bunny all to himself. Here is the recipe:
CHICKEN POT PIE
1/3 CUP BUTTER
1/3 CUP CHOPPED ONION
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
1/4 TEASPOON PEPPER
1/3 CUP FLOUR
2/3 CUP MILK
1 CAN CHICKEN BROTH (1 3/4 CUP)
2/3 CUP MILK
2-3 CHICKEN BREAST COOKED AND DICED OR SHREDDED
SMALL BOX OR BAG OF PEAS AND CARROTS RINSED IN COLD WATER
BOX OF 2 PIE CRUSTS
MELT BUTTER IN SAUCEPAN STIR IN ONION, SALT, PEPPER. STIR IN FLOUR AND REMOVE FROM HEAT. ADD BROTH AND MILK WHISK AND RETURN TO HEAT AND BRING TO A BOIL. BOIL FOR 1 MIN OR UNTIL MIXTURE THICKENS SLIGHTLY. STIR IN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES. PLACE 1 PIE CRUST IN BOTTOM OF PIE PAN POUR IN MIXTURE. PLACE OTHER PIE CRUST ON TOP AND SEAL EDGES TOGETHER. CUT SLITS IN TOP OF CRUST AND BAKE AT 425 FOR 30- 35 MINS. IF CRUST STARTS TO GET TOO BROWN LOOSELY COVER WITH FOIL.
(I have used leftover pork loin and turkey, both were great)
Don't Want to Forget
15 years ago



1 comments:
Cool, I'm goint to try it and what a great idea with the bunny. I never would have thought of that. I bet my boys will love it.
Post a Comment